Sunday, July 12, 2015

...still fighting the burnout...

End of Week 6: Not much progress, but I'm still here! 

"What's a blog? Can I chew on it or chase it around?"

Brief update:

I'm still here. Yes, I'm still trudging my way through the rough days of too much work, stress, conflicting priorities, personal issues. You know, modern life, really. But in an intense form. I'm over my head in so many ways, and I am frustrated that I can't just DO IT ALL and BE IT ALL all the time. But bear with me, I'm still fighting for my big comeback and strong finish, haha. (That's my specialty!)


Letting Go of "Perfect" and Asking for Help:

I'm trying to give myself permission to make mistakes, make messes, make noise, ask for help. It's amazingly hard to admit that I actually NEED HELP sometimes, and EVEN HARDER to actually ask for that help in an effective way. I am terrified to show my weaknesses, and even more terrified to lean on others... (What if I lean too hard and they decide I'm too much of a hassle? What if they really WANT to help, but they're not strong enough to catch me when I fall down? What if the only one who can ultimately help me is ME?)


Doggie says he'll help me to relax and unwind more. He knows that the key to stress management is lots of play and naps and quality time with his family and friends.



Learning to ask for and get help when we need it is an ESSENTIAL LIFE SKILL that I am not so good at. I find it embarrassing and awkward to ask others for support. I am always glad to give help to others, to listen when they're sad or stressed or emotionally vulnerable. But when it comes to me, I HATE feeling like a big black hole. I HATE that I need to ask for help from other people.

But this is the real trick: the most successful people in the world didn't get to the top of their game ALONE! They did it by creating and nurturing incredible networks of brilliant helpers and problem solvers. If I want to WIN at anything in life, I need to build the lifestyle that makes winning a natural outcome of my daily practices... That means, BUILD A TEAM to support my goals in life. This includes fitness goals, as well as all other areas of my life.



A true friend is a treasure indeed! <3

Goals for week 7:


  • Make gym time a priority.
  • Delegate and/or delay other tasks/projects.
  • Reduce the number of choices I have to make in the day.
  • Take very good care of my emotions and my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment