Sunday, July 19, 2015

End of Week 7: Holding Steady!

Strong and Steady!

My favorite swim top with my favorite lounging around pants.

Stats:


Starting Weight: 79.5 kg
Weight loss week 7: 75.9 kg
Total Weight Loss: -4.4 kg

Summary Week7:


It's been a very busy week, as usual. The weather has been mostly hot and summery, and work has been action-packed. I was able to change my work schedule so that I can start getting more sleep, but I have to start staying later one day a week to cover a gap left by a colleague who suddenly departed. My work schedule is still extreme, but I've been able to organize my time and my energy better. That translates to better sleep, more fitness time, and a more positive outlook. Plus, my sister's awesome husband was in town for work, and we got to spend a day visiting and playing tourist, which was totally uplifting. All in all, I'm feeling energized and optimistic, and looking forward to the next two weeks.

Feeling triumphant after jogging to the top of the hill to get a better view of the Olympic Park in Munich.


Highlights:



The boss finally understood my cries for more support and fewer hours, and we actually got a replacement part-time employee this week to take some of my duties. I started training her, and by Friday, she was already doing her whole job on her own without supervision. That left me with more time for my other core duties, and it was a great relief. Also, the boss told me to come in an hour and a half later in the mornings, which made more time for sleep, personal maintenance, and chores at home. On top of that, I was SOOOO happy to see family from home and have a day to just enjoy the beautiful summer and fascinating sights of our community here. I got in lots of time with the bicycle and walking, and one good weight training workout at the gym.

What was hard this week:


Emotional eating and mood management have been hard. I've been feeling very moody and anxious, and I've found myself eating more sweets and bread. I have a hard time with anger and frustration, and these emotions can easily trigger an emotional eating episode. I've found myself thinking negatively about my body and weight and sometimes engaging in negative self-talk.

Goals for week 8:


Plan and pack foods for the day.
3x cardio, 3x weights.
Daily walking and/or cycling.
Focus on good stress management and sleep management.
Have fun!

Visuals from week 7:



Healthy noms: organic whole wheat pasta with green beans, broccoli, bell pepper, and veggie protein meal. Made with extra cayenne and black pepper for a spicy kick.



This isn't the best lighting for showing muscle development in the back, but I'm pretty happy with the changes in my back muscles. The shape is starting to come together.


2 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing. I am starting a very strict diet next Wednesday for health reasons. Kind of quaking in my boots. I have physically hit rock bottom. I will think of you for inspiration during my very difficult first week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mountain Girl, let me know if you want a BUDDY for your healthy detox nutrition program! I know how hard it is to manage solo. I'll do the 30 days clean eating with you! Then we can commiserate and celebrate together. :)

      Delete